Designed to treat up to 500 gallons per day of domestic strength wastewater, the one-tank CEN5 is the most compact of the company's enhanced nitrogen removal systems, specifically designed for use in nutrient sensitive areas. With the smallest footprint of any comparable system, the unit is certified to NSF/ANSI 40/245 standards and has demonstrated best-in-class nitrogen removal performance in multiple-state field testing protocols.
The CEN5 is a stable, compact, one-tank workhorse. With a footprint of only 8' x 4'2", this system is rated to treat domestic strength wastewater flows of 500-gallons per day to NSF 40/245 standards making it a go-to choice for septic professionals designing systems in environmentally sensitive locations where maximum nitrogen reduction is required or desired.
Weighing in at a highly maneuverable 463 pounds, this fibre-reinforced plastic (FRP) unit can be squeezed into tight and difficult sites. Designed to accommodate variable flows and shock loadings as well as being highly energy efficient (1.2 kWh/day), this low maintenance system, like the other CEN residential models, is ideally suited for both replacement sites and new construction.
- Reliable, Robust Performance. Based on both 3rd party testing in the U.S. (NSF), and corroborated by thousands of field test data points worldwide (including the U.S.) the CEN5 produces a consistent effluent quality with a pollutant removal ratio of around 97% - 98% and nitrogen reducing ratio of 75% (NSF data), For a technical explanation of system application, please refer to our Technical Summary.
- Proven Technology. With over 50 years' experience, 2+ million installed systems (and currently installing over 40,000 per annum), Fuji Clean Co., Ltd. (Fuji Clean USA's parent company) is the world's leading manufacturer of onsite wastewater treatment systems. With over 50 engineers on staff and a relentless pursuit of product improvement, the breakthrough CE and CEN model series are the company's most popular and successful product lines.
- Low Profile. Aesthetically pleasing, the only visible indications of this one-tank system are two 20" diameter and one 24" diameter at-grade covers. The unobtrusive football-sized FujiMAC 80RII blower and very small alarm panel can be located up to 100-ft. away and easily shielded from direct view.
- Easy Maintenance. Fuji Clean CEN units are designed for efficient and effective semi-annual maintenance; the majority of which is accomplished with simple turning of control dials that purges heavy bio-film growth from the treatment media. No messy component removal and hose-down is necessary. A typical service visit that includes solids backwash cleaning takes about 20-30 minutes. The system is designed for efficient storage of sludge. Depending on use and influent strength, typical sludge pumpout is 1x every 2-3 years.
- Low Operational Cost. Best-in-class FujiMACRII series linear diaphragm air blowers are both energy efficient and durable. Compare the system's 1.2 kWh/day power draw with the energy required of other systems. FujiMAC blowers should last around 5-years and low-cost blower rebuild kits are available from all Fuji Clean certified distributors and service providers.
- Quiet. FujiMAC 80RII blower operates at a "library quiet" 39 decibels.
- Easy Installation. Plug and play units are ready for installation upon delivery. No onsite system assembly required. Systems are compatible with both Tuf-Tite and Polylok risers.